Two players, two different footballing ages, one famous name.
- Luis Suárez Miramontes starred for Barcelona and Inter Milan in the 1950s and 60s
- “The Golden Galician” won consecutive European Cups in 1964 and 1965 with Il Grande Inter
- Remains the only Spaniard to receive the Ballon D’Or
- Won the 1964 European Championship with Spain
- Led national side to World Cup Finals as coach in 1990
Ordinarily two players with careers taking place 50 years apart, would not be compared but for the coincidence of sharing a name now famous to football fans across several generations. Continue reading El Arquitecto: Barcelona’s first great Luis Suárez